Friday, November 12, 2010

Bush Dai-Dai

So this week's challenge at alphabeastiary.blogspot.com is the Bush Dai-Dai. She's a succubus that seduces its victims and shape-shifts to a jaguar/bat/wolf to attack. She's usually found in the jungles of the Caribbean, her origin. She has been cited in African legends, etc.

In my opinion, playing the way succubi usually do, a Bush Dai-Dai would probably appear as a hapless maiden whose father/husband/brother has been attacked by a jaguar and who lost her way in the jungle. Thats what I'm trying to portray below. She is the kind of monster that has to carry its other skin with it after it takes it off. So there.

I'm not participating in this project because: I don't draw beasts as often, I don't think I'll be able to meet their awesome standards and because I'm focusing on learning comic writing.

But when I saw the entries to this week's challenge, I just HAD to draw my own version.



I didn't work too hard because: I have to study for an exam coming soon and I'm not submitting this anywhere.

EDIT: Tried to correct my mistake as Rashi pointed out. Let see. :D

4 comments:

  1. ah, i love the explanation youve provided...Damsel in Distress..hehe..
    One thing i would like to point here is, the skin of the jaguar is too small...they are huge animals...so his feet should have been dragging on the ground, you know what i mean?
    but, i really loved your interpretation ^_^
    Should i pass it onto people in Alphabeastiary?..just show them what u made

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! ^_^ yeah, i did think that the skin was kinda weird. x( you're right, THATS the problem. umm... sure you can, but i don't think i'll be able to submit as often. =( and i'm bad at doing fur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol!...thats okay, just to show them! ^_^

    ReplyDelete