Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hundreds

I noticed that my last post was the one hundredth post here. :D Amazing, how lazy I must be to make it to such a small number in three years. :( There should've been another zero there.

Here's a page I tried drawing for this drawing challenge called the Page 100 project. You take your favorite book, flip to page 100, and draw a comic page for whatever's happening in there. These are scenes from Jonathan Stroud's The Amulet of Samarkand. Comically, this book was perfect for the challenge. What you see here is the lineart for background images, overlay on rough thumbnails.

Probably the reason I never finished it was because I realized a lot of people won't understand the joke - because they don't know the characters, they haven't read the book. Also, perspective is HARD to get right. x_x I think as a comic page, this is my cleanest work yet. Nevermind the countless hours I put into it. Yeah, just one page. It just tells me I have some potential. :D


3 comments:

  1. He wanted to go for a walk but he was too lazy to climb down, so he jumped out of the window?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! no, no. these are background sketches only. the page is being narrated by a spider, hanging above the door. The man sees the spider and yells for his wife to get rid of it. The spider, as narrator, tells us what he thinks of the man. Its actually a very funny scene.

      Delete